SnowJob
Barn Stall Owner #999
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 5,716 Times in 2,999 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8052038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon View Post
Just pulling your leg man, how's the drive coming????
We used to mix in 1/3 ground pork with the beef. It gives a great flavor and adds a little moisture in the end. All the usual accoutrements as well...breadcrumbs, egg binder, chives, garlic, white&black pepper, salt...
I test the mix in the end with my hands for the proper moisture, too dry...add a tiny bit of stock, too wet....add a little more crumbs.

Over mixing should be avoided, makes them tough and rubbery.

Lately, I've been using some liquid chipotle sauce for a little smokey heat flavor. Really good.

I'm a little crazy with my mixes. I will actually take a small bit of the hamburger mix and taste it. I haven't been sick from it yet.

Hamburgers are a great way to try different things.
Mixed with more lamb and you have a greek style burger. Top it with a little tzatziki and cucumber and tomato and it's a really fresh taste.

The drive starts on Saturday. It's starting to look a little hairy though as the truck has been screwing with me the past week or so. Idle problems and a little vibration. Yesterday I go out in the garage to make my morning run to Timmies and the drivers side rear tire was flat.

Filled it up with the compressor and couldn't find a place that would even check it cause they were all busy with smaller jobs.

I'm on my way out now to see if I can find someone.
kingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kingpin For This Useful Post: