View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 11:15pm   #100
Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 2,683 Times in 1,544 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6269655

My take on her situation may be off track, but here it is: she is experiencing the "fight or flight response". She is running away from failure, which I doubt she has ever experienced. If I recall correctly you were planning on having your daughter work with you for two years and then taking over your practice. My gut reaction when I read that was that it is too much too fast. You just can't learn something complex that quickly. With your experience, you know what somebody in court or a deposition is going to say before they say it. You know what the opposition is going to do before they think of it themselves. That is what you call the "art" of your profession. She is used to school, where they teach you stuff and you memorize it and pass a test. It takes time, certainly more than five months to learn to think on your feet and react correctly, especially legal shit. She sees it as impossible to step into your shoes so soon, so why fail, it is easier to fold and run away from it.

The disrespect and let her go it on her own posts may be spot on, but they don't solve the true problem. She is running from failure.
Millenium Vette is offline   Reply With Quote