Old 04-30-2021, 6:46pm   #23
Rodnok1
A Real Barner
Activity: 53.2%

Thanked 23,945 Times in 9,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $315482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Between Jax, FL and where we are now in Barnwell, SC I've killed a few snakes in my day with a shovel or the lawn-mower.

Yesterday I had to kill one that startled me a bit. Black, MUCH thicker than I'm used to seeing, and mean (reared back his/her head and hissed at me).

My older boy and I were leaving to pick up the youngest from pre-school. My son walked down our back steps AND RIGHT BY IT before I saw it! He has autism, I'd probably never be able to get him to leave the house again if he had gotten bit.

Anyway, since it was a littler bit bigger than I'm used to seeing, and I don't know anything about snakes re: how dangerous they are, I used a little caution in killing this one. Spooked him into one corner by the stairs on the back porch, went around to the other side of the stairs to get up on the porch out of his line of sight, and brought down the pain from above.

If the snake in question won't go away easily or decides to take up residence near my residence it goes... We had a black snake that liked the front stairs last year, perfectly harmless but 3 times dumping him way away from house wasn't enough. Scared the wife to death so it had to go.
Rodnok1 is offline   Reply With Quote