View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 10:44am   #13
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 32.4%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,367 Times in 1,840 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Subscribed, in the off chance there's a serious discussion. My trouble is mainly pine needles, which I am told will get through most gutter filter systems.

I did see some 4' screens on the Home Depot website that look like they snap on to existing standard gutters with no screws. I was thinking about trying them out. They also have some that require machine screws to affix to your existing gutter.
We have a lot of pines around our old house they can be a nuisance. One thing I found was worse, those helicopter looking seeds that come off Maple trees

They fly through the air and come straight down. Many would then stick in the screen of the gutter guard.. Then shit would back up behind them or rot enough to go in the gutter.. At least for me things were worst with the guards we had installed. Note this was about mid 80s so things should be better now.

My new house built in 2003 I used a good metal roof and no phucking gutters. I do have up a water diverter (4' long. on the roof that keeps it from going down on the steps.
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote