Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,222 Times in 13,388 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
The white marks below the tail lights go across the back bumper, looks like that was the contact point for the cover all those years.

This is the thin paint that goes across the halo, again this is where the cover laid all those years.

There are also some other areas where the sharp lines on top of the fenders above the bonding strip show some gel coat as well. I know this is fairly minor but the car is so perfect other than the paint that it's kind of a shame even though you have to look pretty closely to see it. It still drive me nuts knowing it's there.
I don't know if you saw the thread, but Stallzer over there had a car cover that got wet and messed up his paint. What happened is moisture got in to the glass itself under the paint and made milky spots. I suggested a trick I used on my 75. I took a heat gun and without getting aggressive, heated the light spots and they faded significantly. Obviously great caution must be exercised to not do heat damage, but there is a sweet spot that "might" help if you are feeling adventurous. Otherwise, I'd leave it.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post: