Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Quote:
Originally Posted by syf350 View Post
That all looks awesome. I don't have the know how or imagination to come up with that shit.

I did steaks again last night. Bought them a little thicker this time, 1 1/2". Did everything as usual, but in my head thought that since they were so thick, they needed a bit more time on the sear. Mistake number 1. And since I had 5 of them, I couldn't do the sear at the same time. So I decided to do my wife's first, mistake number 2. and seared for 90 seconds each side, mistake number 3. 3 of them were to be medium rate, and I pushed them to almost 2 minutes a side and I like mine medium light, so I went to 2 1/2 per side. Not sure if the extended time was the problem or if the 10 minute rest was as my wife's ended up resting for almost 20.

Mine was fine. The med rare were close but could have been more rare and my wife's was definitely overdone for her.

Live and learn I guess. They were all still a big hit though.
Yeah, it happens. Been there, done that. I just totally lean towards the raw side when I do my wife's, never a problem with it being too raw. I like a perfect medium rare but can deal with a bit of variation. I draw the line at medium though, any more than that and
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote