View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 1:44pm   #1
Wathen1955
A Real Barner
Activity: 9.0%

Thanked 5,566 Times in 1,973 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1524159
Default The Californina DMV

This has to be the worst government agency in this state.

Last year in February 2018, I decided to get my license updated for 2 reasons:
1. In October 1, 2020, in order to travel you have to get the new license that is approved by the feds
2. I moved and my old license showed a very old address

I make an appointment and go down to DMV to get it update. I pay the $36 fee and received a temp license until my new one arrives. So I figured I was done for another 5 years before dealing with the DMV.

While talking to my wife about the license (she is talking about getting her's updated), I noticed that the expiration date was 5-8-2019! WTF? I just renewed this last year.

So I get on the web and try to schedule an appointment - July 22, 2019. WTF? Really?

So now I decided to simply just go there and wait in line. I arrived 15 minutes before they open, and there are already 50+ people waiting in line. After going through all the steps to get it corrected, I had to pay the fee again, $36, take a vision test, take a written test, have my picture taken again, and then finally got a temp license until the new one arrives in the mail.

The gal told me I should have waited until it was almost expired before updating it. WTF?

I don't know how it is in other states, but this department needs a complete OVERHAUL.
Wathen1955 is offline   Reply With Quote