Onebadcad
Barn Stall Owner #116
Doesn't have a big thing
Activity: 99.8%

Thanked 9,200 Times in 4,611 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptlo306 View Post
Here's a concept that many of the Trumpists seem to not be able to understand about many of the 'Never Trumpers' or those that simply wish he would go away.

I, as a conservative, want a Republican to win in 2024 (actually, I'd prefer a libertarian, but that's a different conversation). Many of us believe that Trump doesn't have a chance of winning but others, like DeSantis, do. It's that simple.

And before someone replies saying something like 'if all Republicans supported Trump, he would win', all Republicans aren't enough to win. The Republican nominee has to get some independents in order to win. Other Republicans have a better chance of getting independents than Trump does.

And before someone replies that it doesn't matter who runs due to voter fraud. If there is some truth to that, wouldn't it be better to make cheating as hard as possible? Cheating against Trump, who will get fewer independent votes than DeSantis, is easier since fewer fake votes would be needed.

Making statements that 'Never Trumpers' or those that prefer other candidates are liberal or RINOs just makes the person making the statement look dumb.
What is dumber is talking about DeSantis running, I am in FL, and have voted for Desantis twice, I like him, if he ran and won the primaries he would get my vote, as of today he has not announced his candidacy.

When, AND IF, DeSantis runs, the discussion will change, as of today he is a non-factor.

I doubt he will run in 2024, maybe 2028, as he is not going to enter a race that the polls tell him he will lose; maybe the polls will change.

And I will stick with my stance that Never Trumpers hurt the party, it is again me over party, no one can convince me that is a good thing.
Onebadcad is offline   Reply With Quote