View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 6:40am   #81
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 43.5%

Thanked 7,748 Times in 3,448 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

You want to know why this is a political discussion?

This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspencer534 View Post
3. CNN reports that Mateen was a known ISIS sympathizer.
It is because of a bunch of idealistic f**kwads that we KNOW things like this and yet he is still allowed to be walking around. We are so goddamn wrapped up in the politically correct BS that we won't even call a spade a spade. This P.O.S. and his entire P.O.S. family should have been dumped back in the chithole they climbed out of but no... that would be too mean. That would be profiling. That would be insensitive. THIS is why it is political.

All of these idealistic, liberal f**ks need to open their eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Every time I read this or something like it I wanna rip my beautiful hair out.

Don't you see the flaw in this logic? IF YOU'RE COUNTING ON THE ARMED INDIVIDUAL TO CURB THESE TRAGEDIES WE'VE ALREADY FAILED AS A SOCIETY
People are flawed. There is no unicorn fart big enough to stop people from doing terrible, despicable things. That society will never exist. What we CAN do is try to limit the damage.

Do you think that this guy could have killed 50 people in a biker bar in Texas? Do you think he would have even tried? I'd be willing to bet that there wasn't a single person in that club who was carrying. What if even 5 had been... even 1? What could have been different if someone in the front row of the theater in Colorado had been carrying? How many lives could have been saved if someone at that Christmas party had a little .380 in their pocket?

It's not a perfect solution, not even close, but it's what we have. Even if someone carrying doesn't actually shoot them and take them out, it makes them pause. It puts them on the defensive. It gives time for someone to escape that otherwise wouldn't have or even a chance for someone to step up and be a hero.

This guy stood there taking deliberate pot shots at HELPLESS people who were completely powerless to do anything about it.

That is unacceptable.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote