Old 06-30-2018, 9:49am   #4
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.1%

Thanked 11,554 Times in 5,696 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Moved here in Fl. in May '97, that summer I spent a lot of time in Daytona, bikes, NASCAR, etc.....the race was interesting, I was walking all over the infield, and at one point I was standing near some large fence gates right behind Earnhardt and his crew and others too of course....the gates opened all of a sudden and me and another guy were ushered outta the way of a large push cart full of tire/etc.....we got shuffled inside to the actual pits, and so we closed our jackets and walked around with our arms folded in front, to hide the fact we did not have a REAL pit pass a large hanging plastic with our pix on it, and so we got by for about a hour, just standing back and outta the way, watching all the crews as we walked the length .....so this guard came up and demanded see our pix passes, and he ushered us outta there....no problem....

Neat standing on the infield and watching the cars scream up the high bank oval......

Some time later I went with a then friend who owned a '91? ZR1, yellow, and so the event was a car club and he drove in a parade not to exceed 50 mph or so around the track, single file.....so he drops back to get room and on the straight he opens up, and we hit the oval at an indicated ~130 mph so we near the top and all can see is the tarmac through the front windshield.....so to slow down when catching up to the parade.....I not notice about anyone behind us......the ZR handled it NICE, he wasn't fighting a thing...
mrvette is online now   Reply With Quote