Strats-N-Vettes
SOME Real Barner
Activity: 8.1%

Thanked 25,339 Times in 9,150 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2034428

This info is for Garf and @Vegas

https://www.bespokenspirits.com/

Quote:
Instead of traditional 53 gallon barrels, Bespoken Spirits uses thousands of half-pinky-size wood chunks in a steel tank. Rapidly raising and lowering the heat inside, the whiskey is forced in and out of the wood several times a day. By using varying tree species to provide the wood, Bespoken says they have 17 billion taste combinations, through rejiggering the molecular structure of the wood.

More of these "overnight" whiskey distillers are popping up. Some claim to reverse engineer popular blends, and have them on the market in days.

"The company says it can fashion the equivalent of a spirit aged five years or longer overnight, opening the possibility of mimicking, say, a 30-year-old Balvenie single malt Scotch for a fraction of the Balvenie’s $1,300 retail price."
and...

Quote:
A really good friend of mine turned me on to great single malts years ago, and whenever he visits he brings a bottle of killer scotch that I could never afford. I've drank and enjoyed the finest Scotches commonly available. Fast forward to last year when I bought a small still. I've made several batches of single malts that I add charcolized wood chips to and both of us are surprised blown away by the quality, and it's only months old ! My wife is making beer that I'd put up against anyone's. I think the best kept secret is that it's no harder to make great hooch than it is to cook great food. Start with quality ingredients and due diligence.

Quote:
As someone who has been a winemaker for the last decade or so, this is the truth.
Strats-N-Vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strats-N-Vettes For This Useful Post: