Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 8,650 Times in 2,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith View Post
possibly Black Mouth Cur?
Very likely. While obviously not a purebred, he has a lot of that in him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
The only thing that matters, is that dog is filled with love. He'll give as good as he gets, if not more!

Thank you for adopting Biscuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black94lt1 View Post
Thank you for adopting a stray, too many people not wanting to do that anymore
To all who mentioned rescue...both my daughter's dogs and mine are shelter dogs or near rescues (i.e. "she's going to the shelter in a few days if I can't find a home for her." Thanks Liz ). I donate a few times a year to the Humane Society and bring food over along with blankets and towels. I can't really foster, so I do what I can. I dated someone who was very involved in rescue and learned firsthand what some of these poor animals go through.

Also...a teary moment...a pastor from a local church visited the shelter and blessed all the animals and gave them each a St. Francis medallion. Biscuit has it on his collar. I looked up the church and sent in a donation. The world needs more people like that.

So far he's adjusting very well. Buttermilk is showing him the ropes and also showing what her boundaries are, given the older lady that she is. There has been some play, eating and sleeping well, only one accident in the house when he first arrived that I chalk up to nerves. He's very lovable and happy. Looks like Grasshopper chose wisely.
Attached Thumbnails
twodogs.jpg  

Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post: