Old 09-13-2019, 10:18pm   #9
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,006 Times in 2,778 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post

The whole episode sounds really scary.....glad you made it.
Hate to admit it, but it scared the piss out of me. Poor Heidi. She kept rousing me because the ER was understaffed. She says I’d be looking at her and my eyes would go blank, then roll up in my head. I was shaking and sweating but no fever.

She would shake me awake then run out to find someone. Apparently when a particular alarm goes off (the not breathing one I’m guessing) everybody comes.

I’d be out for ten seconds and then be looking at her again not knowing who she was or where I was for about three seconds. Then writhing. I had to stick my tongue out so I didn’t bite down and break my teeth. I looked like an idiot.

This went on for hours. In and out, in and out. Everything beeping. Then, around 2am, they said “here is another dose of hydro, go home.”

It’s only been a day or two so I’m kind of paranoid.

But honestly, this is part of the disease. It’s getting more advanced now. I’ve heard of it happening but figured people were pussies and exaggerating.

My GI says the next ten years are going to be rough statistically. He also said once you get through that, people tend to go into long term remission for unknown reasons. But during that time, lots of this sort of crap - surgeries, brushes with death, infections, procedures, biopsies, on and on.

Could be worse. Could be raining.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post: