NCM Supporter '11,'13,'14,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 4.0%

Thanked 3,302 Times in 1,963 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $988270

Quote:
Originally Posted by edcmat-l1 View Post
Hi Paul,

What year is your car? Auto or 6 speed? This will help determine what you should use.

I am an SCT and Diablosport dealer, but use HPtuners or EFIlive for the GM cars. They're much better on the GM cars, by far.

I can get you setup with an HPtuners cable if you're interested. If you're looking for a PCM to swap in/out, I can set you up with that as well. I keep a bunch of different ones in stock at all times.
Hey there! Thanks for the reply!

It's a 2007, base convertible with 6-speed stick. I'm planning within the next year to replace (upgrade) the intake and axle-back exhaust.

I've heard that the others (HPTuners, EFIlive, etc.) were very hard to use and required that the person doing the install/tune be much more familiar with the actual maps than what is required for the 'box tunes' like the Diable or SCT.
You say that those others are "better on the GM cars, by far", can you clarify? How are they better?

I don't mind researching and learning more about how these things work (and maybe even make a few mods of my own), but since this is my only transportation at the moment (!) I'm reluctant to do anything that is out of the ordinary or more complicated than "plug-n-play".

If you can convince me that this is the better way to go, I'll certainly give it a try.

How much of an outlay am I looking at to get this done? Tunes, and tools to install?

Thanks again and sorry for the newb questions!

Cheers,
Paul
73sbVert is online now   Reply With Quote