Old 09-22-2019, 12:24pm   #23
markids77
A Real Barner
Activity: 11.9%

Thanked 3,860 Times in 2,222 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1000483

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin View Post
Oh hell. I went ahead and sprayed the back amd just checked it. Total mess. Even though I cleaned it really well it looks like sanding slurry blotches. ****. Now I have to sand the entire thing and start that layer over. I’m going to change to mineral spirits for sanding lube. I think the hazing might be from moisture. I should have let it dry longer after cleaning. Man, I can be stupid.

I learned how to lay down glass like lacquer working for my dads cabinet shop. Hundreds of kitchens. Heated, airless system. This is a bit harder with aerosol cans and my stupid.
Step off from the aerosols and regroup. Let everything dry for a week so it is flashed off completely, then resand and respray. Your last coat looks to be a "double" so it will take some time for the trapped solvents to leave the work. If you rush things now you are at risk of cloudiness and sand scratch swelling from applying wet heavy coats over a substrate which is not fully dry. Use the time to sand, raise grain and resand the neck all the way to 1500 so it is as smooth as a baby's ass and has that warm glow that really tight grained wood gets.
markids77 is offline   Reply With Quote