10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.4%

Thanked 41,061 Times in 17,072 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09CTSV View Post
So we had some crappy roads from the weather and our road department decided to sprinkle the area with sand/salt for the rain. I can never figure out what the heck goes thru the persons mind who decides to pre treat or put the salt out.
Anyhow, decided to run the Trackhawk thru the auto wash to clean the bottom side and get the crap off the sides. Went to a brand new Tommy's car wash in Newburgh IN. Drive in, like it because it does not have the side guides which can mess the rims up if not careful. They have a neat set up which is like a big conveyor and pulls the vehicle along in neutral.
All is going well until I get to the rinse section and the machine shuts down, next I fell a bump/bang. I thought it was a brush winding down and bumping the back of the Jeep. After about 4 minutes an employee comes up and asks me to pull up a little bit. I thought a sensor or something was blocked and in order to restart they needed to have me move up. I did and about another two minutes the manager comes up and tells me the person behind had rear ended me and to pull out side to look the truck over for damage, he had told the person behind to do the same thing.
Needless to say I was extremely pissed. When I pulled out and looked at the back of the Hawk, the cover was cracked on the hitch cover and a dent in the lower valance. The idiot who hit me comes out and stumbles around to put his antenna back on and claims he did not hit me. I tell him he can tell the police that and he gets in his Jeep Compass and drives off.
I went back to get the police report and watch the video last night. Amazing this azzhat is even allowed to drive. He was driving thru the car wash instead of putting it in neutral. You can see the employee's running telling him to stop and them shutting the wash down.
I wonder how his insurance company is going to like the claim they will pay to fix my car.

Stay on the police to investigate this hit and run, because if you don't get police corroboration, the other insurance company won't pay, since the other driver won't admit fault and probably will refuse to even talk to the insurance company. They'll deny saying there's no proof, and even if presented with the video, they'll say you can't prove the insured was actually driving the car, so no coverage.

This guy needs to be charged with hit and run and get criminal charges. It's the only way you'll ever recover from his insurance company, assuming he has insurance in the first place.
bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post: