View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 3:22pm   #1
WKMCD
Charter Member
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5852
Default It could have been MUCH worse

My good friend Brandon - The Dingo - on CF gave me a ride down to Va Speed to pick up the Cruiser. Tons of traffic on the way home. We stopped in Fredericksburg to gas up and it had just started lightly raining. Coming back onto 95N I had just moved over from the merge lane and doing maybe 50, the car suddenly made a hard left turn traveling at a 90 degree angle across an empty lane. The last thing I remember was a windshield full of tractor trailer wheels and thinking that this was the end and I was going to get run over by an 18 wheeler. I hit the rear tractor wheels dead on. Loud noise, the airbags went off and I spun around but still managed to beat the airbag out of the way and steer the car to the shoulder. Either something broke or I hit an oily patch. A couple behind me pulled over to make sure I was OK and told the LEO that I was not speeding or doing anything froggy and that the car just turned left. I called Brandon right away and he came back to help.

The Tiger Shark nose is gone and the MCM hood also. Even if it can be fixed - doubtful - those parts are no longer available. Front fenders also gone. The front cross piece is toast along with the radiator and who knows what else.

It had just started drizzling and I think the rain lifted oil out of the asphalt and may have even pooled. That makes the most sense to me at this time.

Oh well, it's just a thing and after thinking that semi was going to part my hair differently, I'm actually pretty cool to it all. Some abrasions on my arms and chest and my upper back and neck are tightening up. Nothing major here.

I'll know more early next week but it certainly looks totaled.
WKMCD is offline   Reply With Quote