Old 04-21-2018, 7:18pm   #15
NCC-1701
Barn Stall Owner #1269
Activity: 0%

Thanked 3,598 Times in 1,444 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $232471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
I may make tons of enemies for this, and I really don’t care. I’m not terribly patient nor do I suffer fools easily.

I went through a nasty divorce. I went through sad periods. I was lonely. You know what I did? Got my ass offline and got into work, school, the gym, etc. I joined sports leagues, a car club or two. Took up golf. Went hiking locally. I went to see a counselor. Plenty of singles activities in every city. I was given a prescription for some short term meds to help my head shake off the cobwebs, allow me to sleep and get me through the day. In other words, I KEPT BUSY. Eight years later I’m on top of the world. I’m not dating anyone and you know what? I’m just fine with that. Because I am happy with ME.

You know what I didn’t do? Sat on a ****ing car forum and repeatedly whined about my bad luck and miserable life to the same 25 people. Nor did I make excuses as to why I won't like this person or why that counselor is useless. Today is Saturday. Why the hell are you here posting? I almost never log on during the weekends. I’m out doing things. You’re here every goddamn day. Look at my post history. My last 20 posts stretch back to December. Your last 20 posts go to back four days. What does that tell you?

And I have news for you...people might give you polite responses to be kind, but in their heads they’re saying “oh not this shit again.” As much as they may like you, people eventually stop feeling sorry for those whom they perceive aren’t doing enough to (or don’t want to) help themselves. There must be half a dozen threads you started about how miserable you are and what should you do. And we’ve all told you. And now another thread. Seriously??? Are you dying of cancer?? If you’re not, your problems are miniscule.

Your ex is gone. You know that. Not only do you know that, WE know that. 20 times over we know that. She doesn’t want to see you or hear from you. She doesn’t give a **** about you and you know what? She doesn’t have to. If I were her, I'd have gotten a restraining order on you by now. Seriously. And every time you make contact you look like a desperate fool. And you shouldn’t give a **** about her and you should be done too. Never, ever derive your happiness from someone else. Happiness comes from within. Others only augment it. If you’re unhappy by yourself, you’ll be unhappy with someone else. It’ll just be sugar coated. If I was married to someone and I looked like a card-carrying vagina, I’d expect them to leave too. Did it ever occur to you that possibly one of the reasons your ex left is because she didn’t like who YOU were?

No apologies from me. I'm off to the gym to work out for a few hours. You know what you need to do. Grow a set and go do it.
This is harsh but there is truth in there especially his first paragraph.
NCC-1701 is offline   Reply With Quote