Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 8,649 Times in 2,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
The Oathkeepers seem to think the threat is real. You remember those guys, right? The ones that kept businesses from being burned in Ferguson, MO? The same ones that showed up to help keep Trump rallies safe?
I read several stories about how the Oath Keepers were in Ferguson, but I didn't see a whole lot about what they actually did...aside from standing on rooftops with high powered rifles and walking around the streets with camo vests. And there was still rioting. And if they showed up to keep the Trump rallies safe, they didn't do much because violence still broke out.

(I'd also bet $100 that none of these Oath Keeper guys has or will ever level his gun at someone and take a shot for breaking a store window or rioting. Again...that's my opinion).

And anyway, this isn't about the Oath Keepers or their opinions (or the fact that I don't give a shit about them one way or another). This is about the fact that I think this whole story is concocted or flimsy at best and I don't think a damn thing is going to happen at the Inauguration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
Guess that depends on what one defines as "more legitimate media outlet".

I don't trust any of the nation MSM (CNN, MSBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, etc...).
I'm sure you don't trust the MSM, which is why...if you had quoted me AS WRITTEN...you would understand that I realize that everyone has a different opinion of what is considered legitimate media and I thereby used the term "subjective." I can tell you that I don't consider "Bob's World News" or any of the other sources so commonly quoted or linked to in here as anything I'd call legit. But apparently there are a lot of people who enjoy reading that sort of fourth-hand regurgitated crap. More power to 'em.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote