View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 7:19pm   #8
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8878

Spent a few hours trying to put things back together. This is one of those upgrades that is painful nearly every step.

This 10-rib kit did not contain any instructions, figuring things out one item at a time, nothing major but some parts I am trying to figure out. I discovered the ATI balancer kit did not contain any bolts, had to wait for them to arrive. Installed the balancer, grabbed my gate laser alignment tool and noticed the SC pulley and balancer was two ribs off, WTF, I was so pizzed off I had to walk away for a couple of days. Today got back to it, decided to use straight edge to check, friggin laser tool is off.

Next problem, bolted on the 10-rib pulley to the supercharger, then tried to move the pulley, the pulley wouldn't turn. Measured the inside diameter of the pulley, way to small. Called Lingenfelter they recommended I sand to make enough clearance. I instead called Magnacharger and have a pulley on order.

Next, idler pulley time that bolts under the air intake, the 90mm idler pulley is to big and will not fit. Time to order the correct size pulley, I will email Lingenfelter to let them know another included part is not usable on this upgrade.

After securing the balancer, installed the rack, yet another PITA part to install. Decided it was time for beer, heading to work tomorrow, maybe next week I can get it back on the road.
thegreenman is offline   Reply With Quote