Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 12.2%

Thanked 11,568 Times in 5,705 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
on Jan 29, 2009 my phone in my home office rang. it was my boss. "today is your last day, thanks for all your work, please prepare your last expense report and ship back the laptop and other materials. we'll turn off your email access shortly."

done. gone. no mas.

hmmm.....well, didn't see that coming that day, we were finally getting somewhat busy again.

took some time, talked it over with Mrs. DAB, and decided I was done with full time work. about 20 months later we moved from MD to NM. we stuck around MD to take care of Mrs. DAB's mom and her affairs after she passed away. then we had nothing tying us down.

still retired.

check your status. you won't get an engraved invitation from the retirement fairy saying "today is your day", you have to leap when you are ready.

Ain't THAT interesting, in that my sis is 88 now, and she had left the DC region to move to SF living in another town south of there, about 30? miles, decent house......but got tired of it and battling house repairs, so moved back to Md. outside DC and living in an apt. there....along with her kids....Linda and I went out to visit her there, maybe 15? years ago.....took the tour including the Grand Canyon, collected the typical Indian souvenirs.....Her husband worked at Lib. Conngress.....
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote