Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Activity: 9.0%

Thanked 33,038 Times in 14,171 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17500122

i don't doubt your expertise and dedication.

make sure everyone knows who saved the bacon - YOU!

and the next project that involves your company or you, rates are going up!

proven performance baby!

unrelated story:

many years ago, worked for a very small consulting company, I was the only Professional Engineer on staff. one day a client calls us up, they have a hot water problem in a hotel they own, clients not happy.

they send me a 20 or so page report from a local mechanical firm, and they concluded that they had to replace all the water piping, to the tune of about $750k or so.

i asked a few questions, finally got answers from the folks at the property, diagnosed the real problem (just one line), had them replace that only for about $28k, problem solved, everyone had hot water again.

i got paid for 8 hours of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datawiz View Post
Only difference being I'm a hired gun for a contractor that has the relationships with .guv. My firm whored me out to be a part of this project because it could provide cash flow to my company.

I was brought into the integration realm outside of my hired tasks (data migration). I built a POC and made recommendations, they spent nearly $40k, and it fell on its face. Their IT department effed it up. And they could have pinned it on me if I didn't do what I did today to prove them to be incompetent dorks. I'm 100% vindicated, and the consulting firm that I'm contracted out to is also vindicated. Today was huge.

Oh yeah, said consulting firm was just bought out by Salesforce because of their .guv exposure.
DAB is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DAB For This Useful Post: