Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 11.5%

Thanked 21,180 Times in 8,349 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $35999378

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
(in my best Foghorn Leghorn voice)

I say, I say boy.....you're doing it all wrong!

the point of a lucrative .gov contract is not to deliver it on time and under budget, no sir!

the point of a lucrative .gov contract is to make it more lucrative via delays, change orders, expansions of scope, and moving of goal posts. everyone of those "justified" revisions is worth LOTS of money. increased billable hours, increased billable rates, costs to redo work already done once, costs to hire outside help (relatives and self dealing are very useful here) at inflated "market" rates......

Son, you really need to get with the program and stop trying to make .gov happy with a working product. Uncle Sugar is in the business of spending money, lots of money, and you need to help him spend money in YOUR direction.

Only difference being I'm a hired gun for a contractor that has the relationships with .guv. My firm whored me out to be a part of this project because it could provide cash flow to my company.

I was brought into the integration realm outside of my hired tasks (data migration). I built a POC and made recommendations, they spent nearly $40k, and it fell on its face. Their IT department effed it up. And they could have pinned it on me if I didn't do what I did today to prove them to be incompetent dorks. I'm 100% vindicated, and the consulting firm that I'm contracted out to is also vindicated. Today was huge.

Oh yeah, said consulting firm was just bought out by Salesforce because of their .guv exposure.
Datawiz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Datawiz For This Useful Post: