NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 9.4%

Thanked 21,154 Times in 8,342 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $35999378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
There's always a ceiling, you just want a really high one.

A lot of the people I worked with in my career had that degree from that school. And you never know where that degree combined with the software experience will take her. She could be writing code for anything from metallurgy testing to HVAC controls, who knows? I do know that when someone sees a BS in Mechanical Engineering from GA Tech, they'll be impressed.

Well done to her!
Correct, nobody can take that degree away. She was all set to combine software and engineering for Schlumberger. That would have been her 4th of 4 internships with engineering firms. She hit it out of the park on savings for them....but COVID hit and oil prices collapsed. She lost that internship, but got another one in software...where she once again killed it.

She does truly have the ability to combine both disciplines to make something truly special. She took 80+ hours of an engineer's work at Schlumberger and cut it down to less than 2...through software. Her software would have saved them several million per year out of the gate.
Datawiz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Datawiz For This Useful Post: