Old 09-12-2021, 8:03pm   #15
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 9,000 Times in 2,776 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemtrails99 View Post
Marketing is the most misunderstood and badly done portion of any company. The majority of people can't understand or willfully ignore the most basic of facts around it. They couldn't do the job themselves, yet think hiring somebody is over-priced. Then often bully the marketing people to use their ideas instead so they can blame the marketeers and fire them later.

Getting out will be good for the better part of your soul. You have a back up to go to already, that's 90% of the battle. As for music, being a musician is the main place you don't make money in the industry. EVERYBODY gets paid before the musicians do. I used to have many major friends that were pros, and the ones that didn't ignore their surroundings were horrified at how much everybody else made off them. Had a friend who fronted a major MTV generation band tell me he went out for a night with a buddy who had been a roadie for him from the beginning. In the rain he crowded the ATM and happened to see the guy's balance. He admitted it and then asked where the guy got all the money. The guy said, "From you. You paid me, and I've been Union since day one. Don't you know how much you pay people???". It almost killed him when he found out.

Had another friend who recently passed that started at distribution and was worth a fortune. Our conversations the last few years before her passing were eye opening.

The money in music is everywhere except playing it...sadly. Good luck in your upcoming change!!!!!!!
Yup. Exactly. The business was great thirty years ago. It is very mentally intense and complex but gets little respect. It’s a young mans game.

Music is just a hobby. It’s the only time I feel normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfontaine View Post
I understand and empathize with you guys. I have zero energy these days. I feel beat up and worn out - 68. I was lucky and retired 10 years ago. I have two nice homes and zero money worries and I am glad of that because if I had to go out and get a job it would not be good.

For Pete and Lars - here's hoping things go the way you hope or BETTER.
I’m ten years younger. I bet we feel the same. I literally have no energy to do even the things I enjoy. And I inject B12 and testosterone which after twelve years of needles is getting very old.

Due to circumstances beyond our control we have to work indefinitely. I’m watching my mom try to live on $1,500 SS a month and I know she suffers. She has Crohn’s too.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post: