Old 09-12-2021, 7:58pm   #14
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 9,000 Times in 2,776 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
Thanks. Diagnosed 45 years ago. It’s not a death sentence.
You know everyone’s disease state is different. If I recall, you were able to get the disease pretty much cut out, then things got better?

I’m not saying I’m going to keel over. That would be a relief. I’m saying I get tired fast. I can work about five hours then I have to sleep.

My mind is foggy. My eyesight is getting very bad (doc says immune system attacking my optic nerves) and I’ll be legally blind in 5-7 years at this rate.

I haven’t been in remission for years and it’s taking a toll on my body. I had two more surgeries over the last three weeks.

What will end my working ability is the fatigue that no doc can seem to help.

One frustrating factor is the blood disease on top of it. Remember, my luck is so fantastic I also have a rare blood disease, a type of leukemia. The net effect of which is not being able to make enough red blood cells.

So between the biologic drugs, lack of sleep, fatigue and malnutrition from Crohn’s and pernicious anemia, I’ve been unable to do much but work and sleep. And a 90 show once a month.

I’m not depressed about it, this is not a “woe is me” post. Just clarifying what I mean. My Crohn’s keeps getting worse for unknown reasons.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote