View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 8:24am   #2726
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner
Activity: 68.0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATB View Post
Your butt can feel the difference between the seat temp and the cabin air temp?

You may be eating at the same time but the car is still waiting on the charge.

It doesn't take 10 minutes, just a couple minutes. Personally I don't wait. Sometimes in the heat or cold I will use the fob to start the truck a minute before but that is usually for heat not cold.
Many times the truck will be in the July/August scorching heat and I will "have to go" and hop in, fire up the AC and cooled seats on Max and roll...
Not that big of a deal to me.
At least I can feel the difference. When my F150 with black leather seats sat in the sun for hours in summer, I would literally burn my butt. When my Model Y or Model X would sit in direct sunlight, the cabin would be super hot but I would not burn my butt. So, there definitely is a huge difference that I noticed. Never took actual measurements.. I know that the max cabin temp reaches about 130 degrees when sitting in the sun.
I don't charge to a particular level when I go to places. I leave whenever I'm done what I was doing.. Like when the kids finish playing, when I finished my meal. I don't wait for the charge to finish. There is no specific charge level I'm charging to unless I'm on a road trip. Sometimes, my car is 70% when I plug in and 78% when I plug out. It really doesn't matter when I'm around town. If I need more charge than I got from the free charges around town, I plug in at night. Usually, those free charges are enough but if they aren't, I can always plug in at home. A FULL charge from 0 - 100% is $6, so it's not expensive in any way. I just charge at free chargers when it's convenient.
GrandSportC3 is offline   Reply With Quote