RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 29.9%

Thanked 7,771 Times in 3,458 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Broad brush. Anecdotally, I've experienced a few bad apples, and conversely, had some very smooth experiences, skewing fairly heavy toward good experiences. The bad ones were decades ago, if that matters.

But I have personally gotten bait and switch, gotten the "surprise pack" even though I specifically asked about all that and was assured nothing like that was going on over the phone, and once, walked out the door over $ 20 on a loaded extended cab Silverado. Sales guy can't figure out why the F&I guy closing the deal is asking me to pay $ 20 more than we agreed upon after a lengthy phone conversation about an ad unit that THEY set the price on. I walk out.

Sales guy follows me out in the parking lot and asks, am I really going to blow up the deal over $ 20?

Me: Yup. And so are you.

Guy fishes a $ 20 out of his pocket and says, OK, can we do the deal now? As I really wanted the truck, I said OK, and just let go the extra sales tax that cost me. That one I would chalk up as a neutral experience.
There was nothing broad brush about it. Just like in every other group of people on Earth, some salesmen are assholes. Some are not. Some are honest. Some are not. Some dealers are run by honest people. Some are not. The point remains very true. Dealers don't HAVE to do the crap that he is claiming. They don't have to lure people in. The overwhelming majority of stupid car decisions are made with all of the information right in front of the customer. You don't have to talk people into doing stupid and irresponsible shit with money. They are going to do it regardless.

Even your case is a perfect example. There is no way to "sneak" in money, not even $20. The only way possible to miss it was to completely ignore the information that you were presented. I can 100% guarantee that it wasn't in the fine print. It was right there, right on the front page of the bill of sale for you to see.

Which brings us back to the original point. If you don't read a contract, you're an absolute idiot. Things as simple as a typo that throws things off are WAY more common than the villainous misleading and scumbaggery that you guys are claiming.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote