View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 12:47am   #78
Taurus
A Real Barner
Activity: 42.4%

Thanked 5,845 Times in 2,766 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3895593

Well for all the Xmas haters, I just got back from a wonderful Christmas program with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir with several guest appearances and all kinds of holiday songs and dances but the most touching was Tom Brokaw. He related the story of Capt. Halvorsen who started dropping candy bars to the children below during the Berlin Airlift and how it created the perception that Americans did care about those that suffered. The story was told so beautifully and the backdrop was a large silk drapery on which they documented the story with classic footage. When Tom was done and the music rose to its climax, the 100' tall drapery dropped to reveal Capt. Gail Halvorsen in person, it was incredible. The message was that from small acts come large things. It was a fantastic evening.

So anyone out there that chooses to hate the holidays and what they mean to Christians, you can't take away the feeling I get, sorry. Also, I don't really care how offended you are by the holidays, just ignore them and go on with your lives.
Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote