Barn Stall Owner #12
Barn Raising I
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 0%

Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,065 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $168047

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeVette View Post
I know there is a lot of hostility here toward the CF...Iam not disagreeing with any of it. I have been around since the beginning and have seen all the problems unravel. I just go by the facts as they are presented to me.

1. You are very correct Liz and I know they are over here
2. The date is partial to the reason...times have changed...many of the folks that have been coming for years have grown up (including myself) and have families or have gotten married. My only emphasis on the date was that more activities seem to be held now on memorial weekend that give more "bang for the buck" then what the CF has been for the last 5 years. Blame the economy, lack of support of the forum, whatever. In addition, as I mentioned some of those with new families cherish their memorial weekends.
3. The CF CI was not going to take place for 2012 at the NCM...that was determined before this years Cruise In. It was no real secret. Iam very happy Vette Barn took over or stole the spot. It's great to see a new event be born. I hope that the function goes over very well and that the sunday is utilized and is not wasted.

I was curious as to what happened with Roscoe though and why he was not offered to play a role? I know there was a new cook nominated but still? (You can PM me if you don't wish to publicly answer this).

I look forward to seeing many faces from a while ago and hopefully some of the activities from back in the day.

Jeff
I don't think a new cook was nominated. I believe the administrators did make an offer to Roscoe, as well as having a member volunteer to bring his gear to BG for the event. Some folks expressed their preferences but to my knowledge (and I'm really not in on anything) there is very little set in stone at this point other than the date, that the monies raised will go to the NCM and that VB is working with the NCM to put on a terrific event.

As for times changing and families and all that - for some folks Memorial day is the perfect day. Its a long weekend before summer kicks into gear, school is out and its a good chance to get away. As for Sunday being wasted it has always provided me with a means do the whole days drive home and rest up on Monday.
BuckyThreadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote