Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 8,649 Times in 2,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeVette View Post
I hear your point of view. Just curious but why were you not able to attend? Was it because to get that weekend off from the family would be too difficult? That seems to be one of the biggest problems for having an event on Memorial Weekend. I can fully understand and appreciate it too. As far as the CF goes....there are many different versions for what happened and I have heard them all. I don't disagree as I too liked the freedom the CF once offered and that the Vette Barn has brought back to the corvette community. I am an active member of many corvette forum's. It is really a shame that the peoples governing a few of them can't look though the BS, $$$, and the politics of big business to keep both it's members and vendors happy. I won't get into the political aspect of the forums or how they are run. I only care about the Corvette lifestyle and the friends I have made over the years from these forums. To me in the end that is all that matters. My only comment was emphasizing on the date...I too spoke to people from various corvette organizations including the NCM, CF, Vettes for Vets, LSFest/Holley, FunFest, CAC and a few other smaller places. It is tough when more then one big venue or family gathering is scheduled for the this weekend. I think the NCM began to take noticed of this over the last few years. I am not suggesting this is the only reason that the CF Cruise In was moved from the date, cause it was not...but this was a contributing factor. I thoroughly encourage the Vette Barn and hope the weekend is awesome for you guys. Like I mentioned...I will try to make it for at least a day to see some old friends and some new ones.
No disrespect intended to your POV...but this is exactly why CF failed. No one ever wanted to get into it. No one ever wanted to take these people to task. Now they have nothing except a few arrogant mods and admins who turn a blind eye to the facts because their egos get in the way.

That said, not everyone likes to fight city hall. I can certainly see that line of thinking too.

I hope you can join us at BR II.

Oh and BTW...there are many different versions of Bram Stoker's "Dracula" too (where writers take creative license). But there's only one original.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote