Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,449 Times in 17,244 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Summary:

1) This is a temporary order, but still a loss for Trump. Acosta's triumphant return to the White House grounds will be a big victory for CNN and the anti-Trump media, and it will probably be headline news. He doesn't even need to ask a question or say a word. His presence will be a big F-U to Trump.

2) If I understand it correctly, the 'hard pass' is something Acosta applied and was vetted for, so maybe not unlike a driver's license. To pull it, there needs to be some due process, where Acosta can argue why the government should NOT take it away.

Is there some procedure for this kind of thing? If not, Team Trump better put one together, stat, before the final ruling comes out, that, it seem like they will lose, based on the TRO.

I'd show a video montage, greatest hits of Acosta clips where he's acting like a complete douchebag, ending with his outbursts at the N. Korea summit and his karate chopping of the intern, invite the rest of the WH press pool to be there, to report on it, then ask Acosta why he thinks he should keep his pass.

I don't know how this will shake out. If there aren't some current rules for journalists with 'hard passes,' that Acosta has violated, then any rules they dream up to say Acosta violated will be ex post facto, and wouldn't be a valid reason to pull the pass.

Just my $ .02's.

Maybe our resident backwoods country lawyer could weigh in on this?
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote