Old 12-20-2019, 11:47pm   #33
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,005 Times in 2,777 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 View Post
You lose interest quick in the beginning. After a year and you still have the passion then you know you're not going to sound anywhere like Pete Townsend or any other famous guitarist. Somebody playing for one year isn't going to be that picky that a $500 dollar amp won't do.
I used to tell people if you apply your self for one year, you will be able to play guitar. Making sure the kid has a decent instrument first, using a cheap amp, if he sticks with it he earns an amp that will enhance his playing and interest.

I agree if one knows what to look for you can get a cheaper amp. But it’s also a great way for a beginner to get screwed. I priced it according what a decent tube amp goes for at Guitar Center. Like a new Blues Junior or Orange, Marshall, Vox in the 20-30 watt category. For a grand you can get a reissue Bassman or at a deal a reissue Delixe Reverb.

I paid $1800 for my 64 original Deluxe on Craigslist. But I knew what I was looking at and had an amp tech gone through it to ensure it was the real deal. It has transformed my playing. The amp is as important as the guitar if you want to learn fast.

Having a decent instrument means having a decent amp. That’s how you stay interested.

[brag]But what do I know. I had 20-50 kids a week paying me for private lessons for years. (Got me through college boo yah!)[\brag]

I’ll ignore your next response because I know you would argue over the color of the sky.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote