Old 10-09-2022, 12:25pm   #15
Rodnok1
A Real Barner
Activity: 49.3%

Thanked 23,955 Times in 9,949 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $315482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mercury View Post
Unions ruined the American workforce. They went from getting workers the safety and fairness they deserved (60 years ago)... to now overpaying unskilled positions, being an arm to a political cult party, and spending their members dues fighting for the lowest of their people (when they should of assisted the employer in firing some of hese worse-case-scenario workers).
You had to **** up royally and numerous times to be fired from UAW job... Guy down the street was a several time convicted felon, caught dealing in the plant more than once, constantly fired and reinstated. He pushed a broom. Think it was ten years of them trying to fire him before they did successfully.. For stealing a broom handle.
Unfortunately Unions started out being the best thing for American workers but turned into a boil on the ass of our economy. I can't blame companies for leaving the US with the demands made from Unions.
I remember my neighbor who could neither read nor write voted down a 20% pay decrease back in early 80s. The owner (private held company) said he would close all 3 plants as he wasn't into it to not make money. He Offered a short term 3 year cut just to help company get thru the downturn. They voted it down 90 to 10 % so he shut the doors the next day. My neighbor never did find another job, i helped him fillout apps for months. He had zero skills and wanted 30 bucks and hr plus benefits.
I'm all for decent pay but needs to be based upon skills, how hard job is, etc.
Some fuktard pushing a broom doesn't deserve 30/hr plus full benefits when a skilled worker doesn't get much more.
Rodnok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rodnok1 For This Useful Post: