View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 8:57pm   #20
Rodnok1
A Real Barner
Activity: 57.9%

Thanked 23,893 Times in 9,916 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $315482

Glad ya got it running.

Local parts stores seldom get my money now, same parts either on Rock or thru Amazon for 50% less or more savings. Purchased a acdelco caliper for 56 off amazon with a 45 dollar rebate(core but shipped back free) so 11 dollars for it. Local place was 85 plus core charge for a cheap ass caliper.
Hub for my caddy locally is 140 if not more, online 75 to 90 for same part.
I just can't justify that much extra to buy it locally in my mind(and I worked at a parts store for few years).
Tires get me too, shop said I had a bad tire... Almost 200 for a cheapo with mount and balance. For under 75 I got a good tire and had balanced(I mount own tires). I don't mind paying good money for good product but try to bend me over without vaseline ain't happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
Well, over Sunday and Munday, I found out the spark was dead when it felt like it.....so finally new coil, power unit, and sending/timing chip in the dizzy.....

and it starts/runs/heats up normally, and made it home too boot,

a little less than 200 bux......now for interesting part......

a part from Rock auto.com was near 25 bux.......same part at Autozone was 85 bux.....BUT it was USA MADE.......no time to wait for delivery so AZone it was.......but talk of price differences????

I suspect little in the actual cost of manufacturing.....say 5 bux compared to 10 bux.....BUT the taxes and so forth.....much less retail stores, and not just a series of warehouses and computers.....

Rodnok1 is offline   Reply With Quote