Barn Babe
Charter Member
Barn Raising I
Activity: 0%

Thanked 3,353 Times in 1,611 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10432620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Yes, and no it isn't necessary for officer safety..

It's complete and utter horse-shit.

If you have an active hostage situation, you can do whatever is necessary to save the person(s) life. But no-knock warrants are typically used for things like drug crimes. I don't care if some dipshit dope slinger has time to flush evidence down the toilet, it's less important than our civil liberties and our right to be secure in our persons and property.

No knock warrants = moron government employees, armed to the teeth, not realizing they're in the wrong damn house until the homeowner, and/or some of the police, are dead.

Police should properly obtain a warrant, knock on my door, make sure they have the right person/home, serve me with the valid warrant, and then execute the search in a professional and respectful manner.

People who kick doors in in the middle of the night with masks, guns, etc. are not police, they are thugs.
Okay, but what about the cases where they have to enter a place where they know the people on the other side are armed and hostile towards police? If they knock, they could wind up being shot through the door.

Also, the military surplus thing, I would really like more information on that.
Barn Babe is offline   Reply With Quote