Barn Stall Owner #5
Barn Raising I,II,III,IV
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,935 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2173478
Default My Yukons junk..whats next?

At 49k miles I'm on my second torque converter that is apparently failing (again) and the AC quit working via a failed AC condenser.

When i finally get the truck back from the shop i think I'm DONE with this thing. I had planned to keep this thing for 150k+ miles like every other GM ive owned, I'm so disappointed. My wifes Hyundai Sonata has had 1 warranty claim for the radio in 100k miles, i paid way way too much for this Yukon to be this poorly built.

So whats next? I seriously cant figure it out. My current plan is to try to sell the Denali and once its gone buy something else, but i may buy something before then, idk.

My requirements:
Must have comfortable power for dealing with houston traffic (re: big v8 preferred)
Must fit rear facing car seat and allow me to sit infront of it.
Cant be toyota/lexus (i worked for them for a short while fk ‘em)
Cannot be a CVT (not interested not at all)
Wont consider Ferds Eco boooth either.
I probably wont be buying another GM anytime soon
Price range is fairly open, the thought of something sub 40k would be nice and allow me to replace my wife's car sooner but i guess i need to decide on a vehicle first.

I had a Ram rental last week, it was nice but seemingly missing side collision warnings, and the drivers seat needs more support on the front of the seat.
I was dead set on a BMW 750i for a while but the hot V motors are apparently time-bombs.
I plan to go test drive the BMW 540’s but I'm not sure it'll fit our rear facing car seat, I'm afraid the 740 is just too big a car for such a small motor.

Im sort of liking the Dodge Challengers low price of entry, i may go test drive to see if it'll fit the car seat.

Ive driven the ford pick up’s but similar to the dodge i found their seats to be too unsupportive. Is it unreasonable to think a local upholstery shop could add some support at the front of a seat? My knees start to really hurt if im not in a deep enough seat.

so what should i go test drive?
Stangkiller is offline   Reply With Quote