island14
Bamboo Boy
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,15
Activity: 99.6%

Thanked 8,006 Times in 4,537 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11975076

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoog View Post
He thinks he'll catch more fish with a new hook...

Malicious intent or just negligence, Tony contributed to that kids death. Whether his actions rose to the level of a criminal act....I'll wait for the people that have all of the evidence infront of them to decide.

I think what will sink him will be the fact he blipped the throttle as he went by Ward.

The throttle on those cars is very soft, and just from the video, even in slow motion, it appears to me that his foot tapped the throttle from the bump of going over him..

At idle, even a small 1/4 inch movement on the throttle makes a huge jump of RPM from the blip....

Back when I was racing, I use to adjust my linkage with a longer throw on purpose to slow it down a bit to help me be smoother on throttle off the corners... where some other guys might just prefer it quick.
(or never even thought about it)

When I put myself in Stewart's shoes that night, and ask what would I have done different?

Possibly turned down away from him a little sooner, but who would have expected the other guy to keep coming right into the car?

I betcha if Tony had driven all the way down into the infield grass, that boy would have ran down there also.

But that's just my opinion for whatever it's worth.

island14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to island14 For This Useful Post: