RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 43.5%

Thanked 7,748 Times in 3,448 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
So it's safe to assume the "Bottom Line" is all that matters in your household budgets too correct? You donate NOTHING to charitable organizations because that would affect your bottom line. Furthermore you don't have the PR concerns so there is less motivation for the individual.

I would be willing to bet there are those of you who are going to hang a "Liberal" tag on me now, but you would be wrong. Having the opinion there is a little more to business than the bottom line does not make one a "Liberal"

How is that assumption even remotely valid? As was said... my household is not a business. I have no shareholders, no investors, and no employees. You are trying to make parallels where there are none. Even if you were to make the ridiculous leap... my household would fall into the privately owned category, in which case I will now post for the 3rd time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO
The point of a private company is whatever the hell the owner wants it to be.
The part that you keep missing is PUBLICLY TRADED. If you invested money in "Bob's Company" stock, and in turn, Bob decided that instead of shareholder profit, the best use of the money was community projects... which unless it is s local company, aren't even your community... you would have no problem with it? You would be perfectly fine with what should YOUR money going to buy highway flowers in another state or to refurbish a house somewhere?

I have a feeling that you might choose to invest your money elsewhere. You know... somewhere that gives you a return on investment other than flowers in another state.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote