Barn Stall Owner #12
Barn Raising I
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 0%

Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,065 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $168047

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB2K View Post
That's what I assumed the OP had in mind.

I do my thinking for my damn self, thus I just commented on how I thought the interview was conducted.

And no, journalists 30 years ago (or even longer) didn't engage in such foolishness, either

Go back and listen to Edward R. Murrow; he let McCarthy hang himself.
Precisely - Murrow, Cronkite, Sevareid, Brinkley... men who understood that talking over answers you don't like gains nothing and asking intelligent questions that expose remedial answers or lack of comprehension makes a better mark.

I didn't seek to make this the typical PR&C, but both sides have become so uncivil - as witnessed here in this thread - that debate as it was performed by Lincoln and Douglas or Webster is extinct.

Yes, I disagree with virtually everything Obama has done since he declared his candidacy, but he was elected as President of these United States and by that he has earned the respect due the holder of the office. He's not above the law and he's not unaccountable, but there are rules of decorum and propriety that are to be followed in civil discourse. Nothing is gained by acting like the children who cannot wait their turn and must denigrate the person and not the idea.
BuckyThreadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BuckyThreadkiller For This Useful Post: