View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 11:11pm   #24
BADRACR1
Barn Stall Owner #5150
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 4.7%

Thanked 3,979 Times in 1,507 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2000032332

I have four brothers. My parents gave them all a car. I was the only one to buy my own. In '77 I turned sixteen and bought a '69 Camaro ($400 believe it or not). 307 small block with a 'Glide. White hardtop with black interior. Six months later I bought a '67 Charger and sold the Camaro a couple months later. Six months after that I bought a '67 Malibu and sold the Charger a couple weeks later. Then when I was a senior I traded in the Chevelle on a pretty new Camaro Rally Sport. I was the only in in school with two cars, and I bought them myself. I know I appreciated mine more than the other kids and took better care of them.
That being said I bought my kids their first cars. I did require them to get a job to cover expenses, pay insurance, and take a little responsibility. After they drove a beater for a little while I would trade them up for better versions. Still doing that. Bought my son a Nissan Quest last night. I'll trade him that for the '95 Maxima (one owner, 110k when I bought it last year) and sell it to recoup some of the bucks. With a fifteen year old, eight year old, and the new baby he needed something bigger. Helped my daughter buy a 2015 Sportage last year. She has a new baby also and needed something more dependable with more seating.
Hope the boy loves the Stang. I've thought about buying one for a driver. Fun and fast, and hard to beat for the money. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal on that one. Congrats to you both!
BADRACR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BADRACR1 For This Useful Post: