Old 01-31-2021, 10:39am   #16
Thunder22
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.3%

Thanked 2,770 Times in 1,283 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $216475

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEANZ06 View Post
It's bitter sweet. Raised my girls here, very quiet neighborhood but its time to move on. We'll keep our mountain property here in Commifornia but wife and I are done with the city life, we'll buy a home in a different state.

Gonna stay with our oldest kid for a minute until we figure this all out.

Crazy thing is in '99 we paid $185K for it, It's listed at $750K. Today was the first showing and there was over 30 appointments. I'm fairly certain it'll go for north of 800K.

Lord I'm not looking forward to packing and moving all the stuff we've amassed over the years
I just went through this with my parent's house which was stuffed with 4 generations of stuff.

Some advice if you want it:
1) if you touch something, make a decision on it immediately - pack it, throw it away or donate it.
2) don't get in the habit of saving stuff for family/others. It will drive you nuts tracking what goes to who. If you have stuff for family/friends, put it in 1 place, invite them over to get the stuff, if they don't show, toss it.
3) have a place for everything to go - packed stuff goes to place a, garbage to place b, donations to place c, etc
4) buy big 55 gallon trash bags, they're a lot more convenient than boxes
5) get a dumpster after you've accumulated enough to warrant one.

i have a lot more I could mention, but those are the big ones. Good luck
Thunder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Thunder22 For This Useful Post: