View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 6:58am   #1
UniqueDoug
A Real Barner
Activity: 76.1%

Thanked 1,839 Times in 927 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5427
Default [Welcome home] Come home, come home my son...

There are a lot of changes happening with the UD family, most of them inside of me. I was contemplating my return to the Barn, slow or fast. After tonight the pace was obvious, a thread, as only the AW, ADD, and "manic" ud could do...

My dear momma is moving, long story short she fell on NYE when I was away and we both knew it was time for her to move back into a smaller one level house. She's 77 and as strong as an ox, barely a bruise, she can thank her father Buppa who immigrated from Poland a century ago for that tenacity. Ole "Buppa" as the grand kids affectionately called him lived to 98.

I except no less from my momma.

I'm recently moved out and am enjoying a night as a "guest", somewhat surreal hanging out in the ole "basement", with no cats and a strange sterile feel with just a few pieces of my old furniture. My dear momma had cleaned my filthy old living quarters to the bone, but something was missing...

The warmth and love was gone...

Random thoughts, from UD's perspective? It's sad as a nation that we now treat my "condition" with big pharma drugs and squash the creativity. This country is going to shit. This so called "Free speech" on the internet and social fecking media is going to ****ing ruin us, it already has in some respects. It's the modern version of school yard bullying, but now the pussies are hiding behind their keyboards, able to unleash their negatively without any accountability. They can spew vitriol without proof, hate without love...

My friends that is what will eventually really kill this country, not "terrorism". We know and post more about a complete ****ing stranger 1000 miles away and spend more time hating on the internet than loving those around us. Love thy neighbor has turned in hate on the internet.

Sad. It has even trickled down to the emoticons. PS, admins can we replace the sad angle with angel? It's time we take back our sanity and peace one asshole at a time, it all begins at home.

Full credit to this man for the thread title.

Hug your loved ones tight, say something nice to a stranger on the internet, even if they deserve the opposite.

Feck the New Era, this is UniqueDoug.
UniqueDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to UniqueDoug For This Useful Post: