Anjdog2003
Due to inflation they are no longer free
Activity: 64.7%

Thanked 25,730 Times in 10,020 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $324490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Red L98. View Post
No nod to Django Reinhardt?

If you want to talk about a guitarist that far exceeds them all then you have Allan Holdsworth.

Eddie Van Halen, Frank Zappa, Shawn Lane, Neal Schon and Gary Moore have proclaimed Holdsworth one of the most advanced guitarists of his time.

Holdsworth was cited as an influence by a host of rock, metal and jazz guitarists such as Eddie Van Halen, Joe Satriani, Greg Howe, Shawn Lane, Richie Kotzen, John Petrucci, Alex Lifeson, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Yngwie Malmsteen, Michael Romeo, Ty Tabor, and Tom Morello. Frank Zappa once lauded him as "one of the most interesting guys on guitar on the planet", while Robben Ford has said: "I think Allan Holdsworth is the John Coltrane of the guitar. I don't think anyone can do as much with the guitar as Allan Holdsworth can.

Jimi Hendrix for a short time could get sounds out of a guitar that other artist weren't doing at the time where now a novice can do it. I imagine 80% of the members here don't know anything about Allan Holdworth but 99.9% know of Jimi Hendrix.
Anjdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote