View Single Post
Old 11-11-2023, 1:11pm   #18
Ronins2ndCuzzin
A Real Barner
Activity: 20.9%

Thanked 1,039 Times in 493 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500
Default More progress...

This bumper is still moving along. I admit progress has been slower than I'd like (busy work week, crappy weather, and other projects tying up time), but she is still going. This week we're working on the bumper support foam. We want to keep as much of this as possible because it keeps the shape of the bumper at the top just below the hood line. It's kind of a critical area as air hit that area pretty hard at speed and also fills the large void on the underside of the bumper which can flop around or flex. So, to alleviate that, we're keeping as much of this as possible. Also (not pictured) I ordered a VMS racing tow hook and ZL1addons receptacle. We're going to cut open the main bumper support and weld the receptacle in place. The hook is going to exit right out through the front grille opening where the sensor boxes mount. It's going to be super clean and look like the OEM intended for it to go there. Also, you can see how the underpinnings for the OEM ZO6 air dam are still used and we trimmed what piece (and shape) was needed to bolt the front and center underside all together. Removal is super easy and will only take removing the 4 7mm (OEM size) screws to release from the front. What is seen will stay in place. This thing really is bolting up and coming together nicely.
Attached Thumbnails
Foam3.jpg  

Foam2.jpg  

Foam1.jpg  

Ronins2ndCuzzin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ronins2ndCuzzin For This Useful Post: