Old 08-06-2019, 7:27pm   #11
markids77
A Real Barner
Activity: 11.5%

Thanked 3,852 Times in 2,217 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1000483

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camfrk View Post
Thing is, it is a running, driving car. Interior is complete, and doesn't look too bad. Trust me on this, he will get what he is asking. I will search around for something way worse than that as an example. Even a Chevelle is a good comparison. Give me a few.
I have no doubt he will get close to asking, it will not be from me though. There are still 1980s priced projects out there for the savvy shopper to snag at yard sale prices. A couple examples from my recent past... 1990 Miata; jumped it off after dragging it home, dried the interior out and patched the blown out rear window. Thorough detailing followed and the biggest expense incurred was filling the gas tank. Paid $350.00. Sold $1100.00, had it less than 2 weeks.

1990 Miata; my current toy. Paid $1500.00; sold hardtop next day for $750.00 so net investment $750. Drove it home and except for a clutch hydraulic failure it has never left me walking in the 5 years I have been tinkering with it.

My avatar 1977 Corvette barn find. Paid $450.00 for a rough roller with clear title. A co-worker fell in love with it as it neared completion... sold $5K.

1990 Miata again. At cars and coffee Saturday a young man approached me about how to modify the suspension on his new 50,000 mile NA. FREE to him because it is cosmetically challenged and the previous owners were frustrated at the difficulty they were having selling the car. He drove that one home as well.

I know where there is a 1969 Barracuda abandoned drag conversion sitting in a local garage because the woman's husband passed before he finished the project. Largely rust free it has been tubbed and the wheel arches cut, and a rollbar is partially installed on the frame connectors. Disc brake conversion complete, and has a 383/727 core powertrain suspended by wood blocks in the engine bay because he was going to convert the slant six K member. Lots of new engine parts, a set of 31 inch slicks, and various and sundry other stuff. She says make an offer, get it on wheels and trailer it home.

Less than a mile from that are a Greenwood bodied big block C3 and a 1977 L82 frozen in mid restoration due to hubby's passing. Both were available at last check as well.
They are still out there.
markids77 is online now   Reply With Quote