Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30682687

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZero View Post
I was hoping to go but I wasn't able to get tix before they sold out. People trying to flip them wanted stupid money.
Few things I learned in getting tickets to this concert...

1. If you're available and ready the morning ticket sales start, get logged in to ticketmaster as early as you can. They suggest 10 minutes before sale time, but as I learned the hard way, the sooner you log in, the further ahead you'll be in line.

I logged in about 20 minutes before 10am that morning (not knowing it made a difference). When the clock hit 10, I was then placed in "the queue", with "over 2000 people ahead of me". 10:05, 10:10 passed...I was not even able to look for available seats until nearly 10:15. When finally presented with the seat map, everything I selected that showed available would only return a message "sorry, another fan beat you to these, try again". I saw that annoying message over a dozen times before I was finally able to secure a pair of tickets. It was an absolute shitshow and very frustrating experience. I got those tickets purchased at 10:16am, and once I had them, got back in queue to possibly see if anything better turned up. Nope, by 10:20, the only seats showing available were in the nosebleeds, and a few random single seats in the lower sections, nothing on the floor. The show was basically sold out at that point.

2. Ticketmaster does release more seats just prior to the event. In this case, Oct 24th was the day that happened, exactly one week before the show. I had been checking the Ticketmaster site multiple times a day (as well as Stubhub, Vivid, and others), just hoping something reasonably priced might show up (resale or otherwise). Because I'd been doing that daily, it was pretty obvious when a few dozen new seats appeared, most in the lower sections, far better than the ones I bought on Sept 6. These are the seats I ended up sitting in. I bought those tickets last week, standard ticket, face value...Not a resale. It pays to be alert and determined.

3. if you did browse Ticketmaster's seat map at all, you probably noticed the "platinum tickets". These are seats ticketmaster sets aside and marks up based on "market demand". In the days leading up to the show, those tickets were still quite pricey...There were several available for around $200ea in the lower sections near the stage. But the day before the concert, I did notice those platinum seats turned into standard tickets and offered at face value.

I'm not gonna sweat it the next time I'm buying tix for a popular show, as far as scrambling to buy the day they go on sale. I'm gonna pay close attention to the ticketmaster site daily, especially in the couple weeks prior to the show. Then seize the opportunity when it appears. Although in this case I already had some tickets, this is exactly what I ended up doing to get much better seats.

Y2Kvert4me is offline   Reply With Quote