Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 8,649 Times in 2,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeVette View Post
3. The CF CI was not going to take place for 2012 at the NCM...that was determined before this years Cruise In. It was no real secret. Iam very happy Vette Barn took over or stole the spot. It's great to see a new event be born. I hope that the function goes over very well and that the sunday is utilized and is not wasted.
I'm afraid you are incorrect. I am in direct communication with the NCM and Memorial Day weekend was released to us just a few weeks ago. And as I stated in another thread, Willis can spin this thing any way he feels will get him the most mileage, but the fact is that while the lack of attendance is a discussion that may have been bandied about on a few occasions, the final decision not to have another Cruise-In was made well after this last Cruise-In.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeVette View Post
I was curious as to what happened with Roscoe though and why he was not offered to play a role? I know there was a new cook nominated but still? (You can PM me if you don't wish to publicly answer this).
See my other post regarding this.

I'll say this once more: This is not an effort to rub anything in CF's face. They lost this event on their own. It was dying even before VB was a factor and the primary reason WAS and IS because of shoddy and underhanded treatment of current and former members. Of course, nothing will be admitted on CF because it's a "state-run" website.

I'd also like to point out that while we welcome anyone's participation, those who arrive at Vette Barn to attempt some sort of "damage control" on behalf of CF are pretty much wasting their time. Too much well-deserved resentment here for any of that to take hold.

Now...suggestions for Barn Raising II? We're all ears.

Last edited by Iron Chef; 08-22-2011 at 4:10pm. Reason: Added some things...
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post: