View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 1:04pm   #41
XtremeVette
Vette Barn Regular
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $720

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller View Post
I don't think a new cook was nominated. I believe the administrators did make an offer to Roscoe, as well as having a member volunteer to bring his gear to BG for the event. Some folks expressed their preferences but to my knowledge (and I'm really not in on anything) there is very little set in stone at this point other than the date, that the monies raised will go to the NCM and that VB is working with the NCM to put on a terrific event.

As for times changing and families and all that - for some folks Memorial day is the perfect day. Its a long weekend before summer kicks into gear, school is out and its a good chance to get away. As for Sunday being wasted it has always provided me with a means do the whole days drive home and rest up on Monday.
Well I was talking to Roscoe last week and then got Liz's PM about the VBII. Roscoe didn't seem angry or anything in his PM to me, just sounded surprised I guess. I was just always on the impression that more help is always better but at the same time can understand the "one too many cooks in the kitchen" theory. Perhaps there might have been too much friction with two chefs at the event? I dunno, if it were me having a big event...I wouldn't have any qualm's if two people wanted to partake. But its hearsay...

Yep haha I have heard that one about the weekend a million times...for those traveling back home it was great but for those that can't make it till saturday or sunday...kinda a bum deal. I was just hoping for some events to still take place for those local who can't make it till saturday or sunday...just an idea.

By the way...were ya from the CF and were perma banned? Your forum name sounds familiar...think we have chatted in the past before.
XtremeVette is offline   Reply With Quote