Old 04-01-2020, 7:20pm   #65
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102
Activity: 16.2%

Thanked 14,241 Times in 4,359 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenium Vette View Post
Bolded I am starting to agree with. The scary death numbers I have a dose of skepticism about.

Trust me man, I would be THRILLED that this thing peaks in 2 weeks and numbers are far below those esimates. However, when I spend literally hours every day in incident command meetings and monitoring reliable data and information coming in from "TRUSTWORTHY" resources, I am skeptical that will be the case.

Yes, this is a novel virus, but we know enough about the high transmission rates, duration of illness and lack of successful treatments at this time for the experts to give us fairly good estimates on future numbers. I take the word of experts that have been in infectious disease for their entire professional career, and we should believe they are accurate with their predictions.

I remember in the 80's, when AIDS was just being discovered. Even then, there was not this worldwide hysteria, with Ebola, SARS, MARS etc, there has NEVER been this level of dire concern.

Not sure how we watch the entire WORLD come to a halt, yet still fail to realize the tide that is coming. I get that no one wants to "accept" it, but it will be here regardless.
C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote